Springing ForwardFebruary 28, 2021
Christmas EventsDecember 19, 2023
It has been a LONG year. My dad passed away after a few years of physical ups and downs But, God is good.
I have many things to be thankful for. People waited for their quotes, let me push the pause button for planning, and I didn’t have to postpone or cancel any committed events. The timing always worked out and I saw compassion and selflessness with people I never met before.
For this job that I have selected, (or has it selected me? I am not sure.) I have noticed and am grateful for:
- The fact that I can be an artist of sorts. I can arrive, set a scene, create a themed atmosphere, coordinate an important day, and end my day by leaving the area looking like the event never even happened. This fills me with joy!
- By being the owner of my business and my own boss, I have the freedom to decide when I work early, when I stay late, when I am off for a sick day, or a holiday, or a special family event. That is priceless!
- The perks of my job include deciding where I wish to work. I can travel and work in different places with a variety of vendors. I can explore and enjoy the local shops, restaurants, and find new places to stay. This makes every job an adventure!
- Choosing who you wish to work with is important. They all add to the look, feel, and experience of the event. I am grateful for the many gracious and qualified vendors that embrace the definition of teamwork to achieve a positive attitude and allow the event to be a success and help to make my job, as well as theirs, shine!
- I have worked with clients planning their events and have been gifted with the response, “It looks better than I ever imagined” or “It far exceeds my expectations”. That gives me the satisfaction of a job well done. I love that!
- By using my God-Given talents and time, I have been able to sit back and watch people making memories and enjoying their family and friends rather than worrying about whether the vendors will show up on time and do the job the job they were paid to do, or having to answer last minute questions, or solving problems that may arise, and needing to clean up a messes after a long day. I can do that for them. That gives me a purpose!
- My most important gratitude and praise goes to God for blessing me with time to rest, time and talents to share, and a family who loves and supports me. God brings people into my life, and we are all able to help each other. Celebrating and being grateful for this life we’ve been given is most important!
Thank YOU for reading this. I am Grateful for YOU!